- Physician licensed from the Medical Council of Canada in 2006
- Obstetrician-gynecologist graduated from the University of Montreal in 2011
- Specialist in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility (University of Montreal, 2013)
- Dr Saumet-Chilito is an active member of the Society of Obstetricians and Gynecologists of Canada (SOGC), the Canadian
- Society of Fertility and Andrology (SCFA-CFAS) and the American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM).
Interests and research work
- Dr Saumet has an interest in fertility preservation. He is a member of the International Society for Fertility Preservation and is co-author of the establishment of the Fertility Preservation Program with Cryopreservation of Ovarian Tissue for Children with Cancer at Sainte-Justine Hospital.
- He is the co-author of a 2018 article published in the Canadian Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology (JOGC) on egg freezing for age-related decline in fertility.
- Dr Saumet sits at the SCFA on the fertility practice guidelines evaluation committee.
- He has also conducted work to better understand chronic endometritis in people with implantation failure and recurrent spontaneous abortion.
On a more personal note
Dr. Saumet is patient and caring. He always takes the time to listen to his patients or colleagues in order to help them in any way possible. Father of 2 children, he is a passionate sportsman, playing tennis and mountain biking in his spare time. Dr. Saumet is trilingual, speaking French, English and Spanish with equal fluency. This gives him the ability to easily move between cultures.